Chicken Parmesan is a great comfort food. However we find that it takes a little to long to make after a busy day at work. For that reason, we have this simplified chicken Parmesan recipe. Using this recipe, you can prep most of the meal ahead of time, so that on the night you want to eat this recipe all you have to do is throw the chicken in the over and boil some pasta.
What you need to know:
- Time to cook: 30 minutes, mostly passive time (with about 15 minutes of prep on the weekend before)
- Serves: 4 people
- 8 boneless chicken breasts (around 6 lbs)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cup2 breadcrumbs (such as Panko)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 cups grated mozzarella
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano (optional)
- 2 tbsp Parmesan (optional)
- Prepare chicken breasts by dipping each side in flour, followed by egg mixture, and then breadcrumbs
- Once chicken is coated, sear in olive oil in frying pan over medium-high heat crust is golden brown and crispy (about 2 minutes on each side)
- Place browned chicken on foil-line baking sheet and top each chicken breast with 2-3 tbsp crushed tomatoes and a handful of mozzarella cheese
- (Optional) – TO MEAL PREP: Cover with cling wrap and keep in fridge until ready to eat, up to 4 days
- To finish, cook chicken breasts in oven at 350F for 30 minutes. Boil pasta and serve using leftover crushed tomatoes as sauce, topped with the cooked chicken breasts.
- Top with oregano and Parmesan, if desired.